Daily Discoveries

Friday, October 14, 2005

Apple Cider Vinegar Pork Chop

As the title suggests, yes, you can make yummy pork chop with apple cider vinegar! Do I see some raised eyebrows out there? Oh well, it was one of my discoveries two days ago which I wanted to blog but never got myself to do it.

Well, back to the pork chop. What I had was a weird mixture of everything. Even though it is kind of haphazard, but I'm proud to say that this dish is my own recipe! Wahahaha! :D

It all started with this idea of making my own pork chop. Oh mind you, this was my first attempt at it and it turned out right! I had this block of pork which I sliced into thinner slices.

Then, I wanted to make the meat tender and felt that using lime would be just too troublesome. So this idea of using apple cider vinegar came up. Why specifically this vinegar and not others like rice vinegar or black vinegar you may ask. You can experiment with those vinegars and tell me the result. What I had on my shelf was just the apple cider vinegar.

So in went the vinegar, just enough to cover the meat pieces. Next, I poured in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and dumped in lots of black pepper powder. Then I mixed them all up evenly and left it to marinate.

I'm sure it will turn charcoal and stick to my normal pan in no time and if not, I'll have to use lots of oil. Being a health freak especially when it comes to food, I opted for the non-stick pan. I scooped in some butter and nice-smelling fragrant filled the kitchen. Next, in went the pork chop pieces and were pan-fried until they were just cooked. Don't overcook, because the meat will get really hard and you will have a hard time fighting with the meat pieces later.

After that, I poured in all the leftover marinating 'sauce' to make the real sauce. I merely heated it for a while and poured it over the meat pieces on a plate. Voila! There you have a simple, quick and mouth-watering dish.

Better test it out before I copyright the recipe haha! Just kidding...:P

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home