Daily Discoveries

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Talking is Therapeutic!

In the book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, the author John Gray said that women loves to talk when they face problems while men, prefer to hide in their caves.

And yeah, how true. Chatting with my mum for hours has indeed been therapeutic. Worries just dissipated into thin air and things doesn't seem so bad anymore. How wonderful. It is really amazing, what talking does to women. Even though there are no concrete solutions, (actually we didn't even talked about what made me unhappy) but then, everything just seems alright again. Life is beautiful again.

So... to the guys out there. Be a good listener and a good person to talk to, to your girl friends, mum, sisters.. etc. You might feel it is boring listening to someone, but it does wonders to the other party. By just being there... and respond properly to the other person.. it is actually something liberating to the other person. Even though guys prefer to offer solutions, they could do it in the concerned way.

I felt so much better now.. after I've thrashed what I've been keeping inside and which I've attempted to forget earlier by going shopping but didn't work.

I was having quite a bad day, after someone spoilt it... uhmm okay, should stop blaming others right... haiz... but when you have to swallow something bitter and you have to control yourself from fighting or arguing back.. it is indeed not something nice.. and sometimes the situation doesn't permit, or.. it just doesn't benefit anyone even if I argued back.. so I just swallowed it.. .despite I felt so wrongfully accused... Indeed, what have I done wrong? It is the other party being prejudiced, calculative and petty...

Well anyway, let's not talk about that anymore, it shall be thrashed and forgotten. I shall have a trash bin soon, to thrash and throw away energy-zapping negative emotions which is so unproductive. Waste my memory space and make my heart cells suffer.

I can choose how I want to respond to it. And I choose to be happy, rather than get all upset and pissed off. Probably that's the person's intention, who knows. Rather than let the person achieve his/her aim and make him/her happy, might as well I love myself more, and make myself happy.

Yeah, I just bought a new pair of shoes. Like it very much! And I even travelled to another branch to get one, cos the branch that I went to, didn't have my size. Hopefully this doesn't give me blisters. If it doesn't, I would wear it everyday to work! Finally I have shoes to go along with my skirts. Yippie! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home