Daily Discoveries

Monday, January 08, 2007

Mystery Solved!

I was encountering this problem of the MyHomeMalaysia website not appearing properly using Internet Explorer browser, where the sidebar would appear on the bottom instead of the side of the page. MEanwhile, the MyHomeMalaysia appears perfectly when using firefox browser.

There are others also experiencing the same problem, so I'm not alone.

An idea then struck me.

In order to prove what I thought could be the problem, this was what I did.

Previously, I did copy some articles from other websites to paste on my site, of course with credits. So I cut the whole article out into the notepad, and recopy the whole article back to my blog. I did this for all the copied articles.

The result: Perfectly normal again using Internet Explorer browser!

The trick: Use notepad as your coding 'neutraliser'. It is very good at cleaning up unwanted codings, esp those that makes your eyes go round and round after staring at it for some time.

Attempt this the next time you encounter some minor coding problems. I'm a newbie with html too, so it would be simple enough to do. Good luck!

2 Comments:

  • haha... maybe you can search around for the keyword encodings... notepad encodes everything with ASCII by default, since it's the most English compatible encoding around. If you want to post in various languages, UTF-8 is recommended. it's under the settings tab within Blogger...

    By Blogger vseehua, at 6:17 AM  

  • thanks Casper! will explore that when I start posting in chinese hehehhe :P

    Hey, Happy New Year 2007 to you! any great plans ahead? ;)

    By Blogger redsmoke, at 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home