Daily Discoveries

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Things I'm Grateful For

I'm grateful that I have a loving family, who cares, understands and loves me very much. My family, my parents, sister and brother, are all healthy and well.

I'm grateful that I have someone special who loves me very much too. Someone who cares and understands me, someone to share my dreams with.

I'm grateful that I have a good career awaiting me, in a good company, with good colleagues and bosses.

I'm grateful that the job I have, enables me to enrich my knowledge of the world.

I'm grateful that I have a cosy little room to call my own, a space I could do whatever I want, a place I love to be in. I'm grateful that, the landlady is a nice lady despite her usual nags and I love the location which is right smack in the central.

I'm grateful that I have some friends whom I truly cherish, friends who accepts me as I am. Friends who takes the effort to keep in touch, friends who sticks by you, no matter what. Friends who takes the trouble to understand you, who believes in you, who doesn't just leave and disappear, when trouble appears.

I realised that, friends who doesn't know you, who doesn't understands you, are the ones who hurt you most, with their words and actions. They doesn't take the trouble to understand you, they doesn't accept you, as who you are. They shy away when they sense trouble. They never take the effort to keep in touch, they never care.

In life, you only need a few gems, to walk through life together. Others are just there for a reason. They will leave when they have accomplished their mission. Whatever the reason is, whatever the mission is, time will heal wounds. But the scar will always remain.

So the lesson to learn: Never say hurting words or do hurting things to others, which you would not want done to you.

Just like the message that this year's Petronas Deepavali advertisement wants to convey. Those who have not seen it yet, catch it here

Never do unto others what will bring pain when done to you. What goes around, comes around.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home