Daily Discoveries

Monday, November 07, 2005

DeepaRaya Holidays

Been missing in action for some time and now I'm back to deposit some thoughts and discoveries into my blog.

I've had a great time the past few days. And had enjoyed myself a lot too, stuffing myself with food which I've never tasted before and discovering new food.

My friend came to visit me and we went on window shopping round the island. Went to Suntec, Plaza Singapura, Bugis, West Mall, IKEA... I wonder how many shopping centres we can conquer in a day. I guess after a while window shopping gets boring too.

Back to the food we tasted:

1. Lamb Shank and Chicken Gordon Bleu

Kind of a bit too salty for my taste buds, but overall, it's a nice change. And to my horror, it is just microwaved frozen meal, from this chain of food restaurant famous for its cheese cake. To think that I've just spent a bomb on a microwaved meal... I guess I shall just stick to my home-cooked food. :P

2. Swedish Meatballs and fried chicky wings

Something novel which we tasted. And was rather impressed by the fact that the chicky wings there in this famous furniture shop at Queensway is so much bigger than the usual chicken wings you can find elsewhere.

The chicken wings were nicely fried and marinated. Even though the skin outside was quite brown, but the meat inside is still tender. To be able to fry to this perfection, the temperature of the oil and the duration of frying must have been researched thoroughly. Just wondering what would be the temperature and time used for frying...

Yum! We stuffed 6 chicky wings between us and had free flow of coffee... Imagine the fullness we felt after the food spree. Wahahaaa :D

Still in holiday mood, even though the public holidays are over. It feels kind of weird that I wasn't joining the crowd this time to head straight back home after work. Take three days of leave for nine days of holidays. Good bargain, right?

In fact I've looked forward to this long holiday and had even booked bus ticket home way in advance. But some changes in plan had flipped the 'balik kampung' plan 180 degrees. Things happen for a purpose I guess. At least I've experience how it is like to be 'left behind' during festive season for once.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home