Daily Discoveries

Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Sense of Taste

Went to a seminar on food senses on saturday with my classmates. I was hoping I could learn something from there. However, the first talk was rather disappointing because it sounded more like an advertisement. The whole talk is just on marketing that product by the company who sponsored the talk, even though the professor did it subtly. Yah, to think that the speaker was a professor. Was feeling rather cheated by the end of the first talk.

So during the second talk, I wasn't really paying attention already. It was a cooking demonstration actually. Though the recipes sounds nice and smelled nice, but was rather put off by another advertising talk by the chef who was demonstrating.

Come to think of it, maybe because the ideas they are presenting is against what I believe in, and it was contrary to what I've learnt before this.

We get to taste the food that was cooked, but then it was cold by the time we get it, so it doesn't taste nice anymore. On my way out to get more fruits, I met another two of my classmates. Was so happy then, because haven't seen them for some time.

We stayed on, despite some other people leaving during the break. Luckily we did, because I felt I learnt far more from the last two talks. Instead of being contrary to my belief, it strengthen my belief of not needing any added salt in our food.

From the answer I get from the questions I asked the professor and one of the nutrition consultant, they further confirmed my belief that we do not need to add salt into our cooking and food.

Will update more on the significant things I've learnt from the seminar in the next post.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home