Daily Discoveries

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Wet duck in the storm

The rain just poured and poured. And it came without much warning. Luckily I had my umbrella with me. But still, water still splashed in when I was walking. I could have just taken the easy way out - flag a cab and get to the office in no time and still dry.

But I chose to weather the storm, the rain. I was half-drenched when I finally got to the MRT station. Been attempting to prevent my shoes from getting wet, but alas, I stepped into a puddle in my haste to get to a sheltered area, and my whole shoe was wet.

From the knee down, my pants were wet too. And behind my shirt, was thoroughly wet. I didn't realise that water had been dripping onto my shirt from my half-broken fragile umbrella. The warm weather made the rain water warm and thus I could not feel the coldness of water on my shirt despite it being almost thoroughly drenched.

I must have looked like a wet duck - not entirely drenched, but wet enough to have my shirt clung to me like a piece of sticky pad.

And which got me thinking.

In life, when we face storms and pouring rain, do we weather the storm, or do we take the easy way out?

And, how would we know which is the correct decision?

Sometimes, life is like reading a game book. At the end of the page, you have two choices - choose A and you turn to page 20. Choose B and you turn to page 52. And the story goes on. With each decision, it brings us to a different path in life and you will keep wondering where will you end up at, if you have chosen the other option...

Life's so ambivalent, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home